Friday, February 13, 2009

Valentine Day ...



As it has been for the last 23 years, I am alone on this special day. The day due to which, Archie's etc. has a fields day despite the economic recession. I thought lets write an ode to this day, a sad one though.

The song on my lip
Has no meaning or drift
If I get on, back on the road
My lonely soul
Aches for its goal
Come fill me with, love and adore

She never realized
Might never realize
But I will remain for my valentine
I have weathered the wind
I will weather the storm
In the hope that, the end will be mine

It has started to rain
Are my prayers in vain
I am in love, with my pain
This is the story
Of every broken heart
Clichéd might be, but never stops

This Valentine, every valentine
I promise to wait for divine
Staying for the one, with my back on the wall
I am sitting and humming my song

19 comments:

Gautam Anand said...

very plain n simple.. yet one of ur best.. conveys the pain in ur heart.. but my friend why do u feel lonely on valentine.. when u always have ur "tanhai" by ur side.. anyways.. valentine is just another day for me atleast.. bcoz.. one day can't become special if u treat every day to be special..

Enchanted Sophie said...

Touchy!

Dutta said...

@gautam: Thanx bro; I wrote it in a flow. By the way even I don't believe on a specific day thats why you may have felt an undercurrent of sarcasm in my post... :P

@Sophie: Thank yaar .. :)

Paromita said...

cool yaar.. but saddy... is it for the love that u lost one time?

Dutta said...

@paromita: whats your guess ?!

Anurag said...

u rightly define the feelings of the single fraternity and wid so much ease.. way to go :)

Dutta said...

@ Anurag: Its just not the single fraternity but single + Heart Broken. :)

Keep visiting ...

gone! said...

*sniff sniff*

It was tragic yet beautiful :)

Dutta said...

@ Komal: The Best Love Stories, poems and songs are always tragic. :) Keep visiting ...

Paromita said...

i dont know cos u r very unpredictable... so i doubt it is..

Vijayshryaln said...

touchy!! its better u never had a girl, than having n fired.

Dutta said...

@vijay: welcome, I must say you are presumptuous :-); you must know poets are the best lier in the world :P

keep visiting ...

smita said...

while reading the post i had latika's theme song (the instrumental from slumdog) playing on my media player...the song's melancholic undertone fitted your words like a glove..anyways it is melancholic but beautiful as usual...the sadness and pain showed through your words..

ps: don't worry bro you'll get a nice girl soon...hopefully... :)

Dutta said...

haha Sis .. you rock !!

Latika's theme and Valentine day ... deadly combo ..

Prabhav said...

hey this was awesome..

Dutta said...

@Prabhav: Thanks prabhav ... which portion of the poem did you like the most ?!

By the way keep coming and commenting ...

Prabhav said...

It has started to rain
Are my prayers in vain??


I tried to express the same on my blog.. but i feel u did it in a better way

Dutta said...

@Prabhav: Hey brother, thats a compliment ... thanks yaar ... :)

Talking about the line you mentioned .. interestingly it is also the line which came out most naturally ...

Prabhav said...

yup, it shows.., deep in its content..